06 May 2014

Bonjour!

Hello Friends!

How are you all doing?

I am writing you from my sunny room in Montbeliard, France. We arrived on Sunday after a early morning (taxi pick up at 6:20am) and a four and a half hour train ride. We are staying right next to a church, in fact, the second floor of our apartment is part of the Sunday school and nursery. We were very graciously welcomed by the congregation and were invited to join in with their once a month lunch after service. There were several members who spoke English, but spoken language did not influence the hospitality or attitude that emanated from the group.

My trip started out with a visit to Cambridge to stay with old family friends. I could not have asked for a more loving and welcoming family on the first part of this adventure. Cambridge is beautiful and quite enchanting. I felt like I was living out of a book while I was there. There was one church garden in particular that made me think much of Anne from Anne of Green Gables. It seems as though everyone bikes everywhere, which to me is novel. Pictures and hopefully stories to come.

From Cambridge I traveled to Paris where I met up with the missionary family that I am working with this summer. They have four children ages one to eight. We had a packed week of sight-seeing which included the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Versailles, and several other museums. I think that I am going to learn a lot this summer!

Look forward to hearing from all of you. I think of you all often and wish you were here! Hope you are well.

bjl





2 comments:

  1. You made it! You are there! What fun to see how the Other Half lives. Seems like you fit in quite well around the Piano Family Table, BJ. What a beautiful cathedral. We love you and are praying for all the logistics - and a blessing on your loving care of your Four Summer Charges. :-) xoxoxoMom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see that you are adapting and certainly seem to be blooming in such a different place. The Blog is lovely, my dear.

    ReplyDelete